Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Final Blog Post!

I have to agree with Cara’s first comment – I also love blogs. When you find the right people/blogs to follow, you will encounter many thought provoking posts (and with some people on a daily basis!). I actually started a blog over the summer as a ploy to try to (one day) get my dream job as a venture capitalist (many of the best venture capitalists out there keep their own blogs and look at applicant’s blogs as part of the interview process), so this was an interesting way to be able to write about a completely different subject.

When we were first assigned this blog, I was very worried. How on earth would I be able to find fairy tales in everyday life once a week for an entire semester?! Once I started, however, it turned out this wasn’t too difficult. I enjoyed the process of trying to notice ways that fairy tales affect every day life, even though I did not see it as much as some of you. As you may have noticed, I did see it a lot in music, which surprised me. I became much more aware of the lyrics to many of the songs I listen to on a daily basis. I was surprised to see how much others noticed fairy tales affecting everyday life and this process has definitely made me more aware of how pervasive fairy tales have become. While I cannot recall any specific instances, participating in this blog has definitely made me aware of social issues arising from some of the constructs and themes that exist in fairy tales. The class (not necessarily the blog) has definitely made me more critical of fairy tales and I hope to take that critical eye with me as I leave Notre Dame.

No comments:

Post a Comment