Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Final Chapter

So I'm submitting my blog a bit late. Not because I forgot to submit it, but because I thought I should stick with what I've been doing the rest of the semester. This is the first experience I've ever had with blogging, but perhaps it won't be the last. I'm a fairly opinionated person, and a blog allows me to bitch and moan with nobody to argue against me.
This class has been one of the most unique I've ever taken, and as a finance major this certainly was a bit of a shakeup from my average classes. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed our discussions, and don't feel too bad about saying that I feel as though I held my own against you Arts & Letters types. This blog has in some instances allowed us to continue debates from class, and occasionally prove one another wrong (which coincidentally is something I enjoy doing more than I probably should).

However, many times I thought the things we were relating to fairytales were stretches, to be generous. With 20 people writing about one topic weekly, this was expected. I would skim most of the posts and only read more in depth if something caught my eye because so many of the posts looked so similar. As a suggestion for the future, I believe this problem could be helped by having a "theme" for each week's posts. This could be as generic or as specific as you'd like, but it would assist in preventing post after post from talking about dresses, weddings, and big girls who can't grow up.

Overall, I think the experience was a good one, but I hesitate to say great. It really was hit or miss with each post, and I had a tendency to lose interest especially later in the semester. That being said, some posts were very well done and truthfully thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment