Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Hate You All...

Just kidding. This blog was my favorite part of any class this semester, though debating whether Chicago skyscrapers resemble genitalia sits in a close second (remember?). It was certainly amazing to see how fairy tales related to, well, EVERYTHING. We've seen the Democratic Party, slutty halloween costumes, video games, the NCAA tournament, and P90X. Who knew that LOST related to fairy tales? But the real reason this thing has been so great actually has little to do with princes that have their way with comatose princesses or little men who rip themselves in half at mention of their name (fairy tales, duh). This blog has been a great medium for each person in the class to have their own voice and to express themselves in whatever manner they wish.

For example, who knew Cara could get so pissed off? That was definitely one of my favorite posts of the year. Karen taught us new languages, Greg gave us our "Song of the Week", and we found out Maureen is just a little bit excited for her wedding (congrats). Whether you wanted to express political belief in a subtle way or just rage out against the prom, the opportunity was there. I attempted to compare Snow White to passing out on St. Patty's day for heaven's sake. Anything and everything was fair game, and I think that's what really made this great (thanks Gretchen for allowing everyon... er.... my nonsense).

So here we are at the end, and I don't know if I've learned anything about "gender/racial/class/national identity" from the blog, but oh hell did I have fun with it. It was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever contributed to in a class, definitely a "happily ever after" to a very interesting (2.8) academic career. Best wishes to everyone in whatever they do post-ND.

Completely unrelated (you knew it was coming), here's a slightly inappropriate video I made for another class:

No comments:

Post a Comment